Next Course: Fri Oct 2, Fri 9 Oct & twilight on Nov 27th.
Gain skills and confidence in using your grounds for curriculum delivery.
Completion of the course only takes two and a half days (plus some structured ‘homework’ in between the course days) and it is designed to be as practical, accessible & supportive as possible in helping you to make a success in implementing a programme of Outdoor Learning.
• Understanding the benefits and risks of using the outdoors as a learning environment, looking at the background and context of modern outdoor learning.
• Learning how to make an holistic approach to implementing outdoor learning – getting everyone ‘on board’ with your plans.
• Planning & delivering seasonal outdoor learning by building specific skills and confidence in a range of areas that can be developed / enhanced in school grounds and in the local environment.
• Knowing how to sustainably manage and improve outdoor learning environments, looking at ecological structures in the natural environment, identifying species in our own local natural environments.
• Looking at the wider context of Learning Outside the Classroom and making plans to use your local natural and built environment in curriculum delivery.
2.5 days of training plus planning and delivery of minimum of 2 Outdoor Learning Sessions. This is usually a minimum time commitment of 2 x half a day. The course is completed within six months of start date.
- Entry Qualifications Required
- Aged 16 years or over.
- Level 1 qualification or equivalent (1 GCSE).
- Current DBS Check.
- A suitable First Aid qualification is useful to complement this course
Click here to BOOK NOW
ANY QUESTIONS? USE THE CONTACT FORM BELOW